Problem after upgrade

I have been using DJ-ImageSlider on the front page of elephantvoices.org for some years - now trying to use it also on other pages. The documentation seemed different than my current version, so therefore upgraded. The problems I had (showing descriptions) got solved, but now I have bigger problems:-(. When trying to edit slide, it appears garbled and I cannot change and save.

I'm grateful for advise asap - thanks!

Cheers, Petter

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Hello Petter,

please enable the error reporting in your Joomla configuration and let me know what error message is displayed at the bottom of this page.

I can only guess that it can be related with mbstring php extension not installed on your server. Try to enable it and check if it solved the problem.

Best
    Szymon

Answers

• Hi Szymon - thanks for this.

I get the error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined method JFormFieldList::renderField() in /home/www/elephantvoices.org/administrator/components/com_djimageslider/views/item/tmpl/edit_params.php on line 41

Any advise - does this confirm anything?

Thanks!

Best, Petter
  • Yes, it means that you are using outdated Joomla version. Please update as soon as possible to the latest Joomla!3.x. In case there is any important reason you have to stay on unsupported and unsecured Joomla version then please downgrade DJ-ImageSlider to 3.1.0.
  • Alternatively you can stay on current DJ-ImageSlider version, but upload the following file from the 3.1.0 slider version:
    administrator/components/com_djimageslider/views/item/tmpl/edit_params.php

Hope it's useful.