Rating Content type

Hello. I'm testing DJ-Revevs 1.2.2 with VirtueMart 3.0.18, Joomla 3.6.5. Product - software video tutorials. It is a single file that contains multiple video and a special program for easy video navigation.
In "Rating group" for "Content type" I chose "IndividualProduct". It is suitable? Or better "Product". Since I do not have: "...particular serial number" for video tutorials.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Hi Alex, in file:
    /plugins/content/djreviewsvm/djreviewsvm.php

replace all :
    $item->id
    to:
    $item->virtuemart_product_id
  • Answer ✓
    once they're enabled user can add more than one comment (and one rating) - so can discuss below, and with disabled can add only one comment + rating
  • Answer ✓
    Thank you. The question is closed.

Answers

• I keep testing. Appeared several issues.
    1) I can not understand how you can write Follow-up messages. My settings: "follow-up-messages.png".
    2) How to make the review field (text) Required?

P.S. Wishing. It would be nice to be able to to allow add review only those who have bought this product.
  • I found one more thing. For example, if there is product with review, the review displays on the product page. If you change the category of the product in VirtueMart, the reviews are lost. If you return the product category, the review will not be returned. You can change the "object_id" table "_djrevs_reviews" but it is very inconvenient.
  • Hi, Tomasz. Thank you. If I understand correctly, it is to address the situation with the change of product category.
    What about:
    1) Product - software video tutorials. It is a single file that contains multiple video and a special program for easy video navigation.
    In "Rating group" for "Content type" I chose "IndividualProduct". It is suitable? Or better "Product". Since I do not have: "...particular serial number" for video tutorials.
    2) I can not understand how you can write Follow-up messages. My settings: "follow-up-messages.png".
    3) How to make the review field (text) Required?
  • hi,

Ad. 1. It depends on your micro data (structured data) implementation in the particular component (Virtuemart in this case). Content type settings which you can find in DJ-Reviews are usually only meant to help with the integration. So if your component doesn't have properly structured data implementation, I suggest using the most general, generic content type, like "Product" for example.
    You can use the following page for testing structured data on your website: https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/

Ad. 2. Follow-up messages - when enabled user can add multiple comments per single entry, but only one rating. When disabled, it's possible to add one comment and rating only.

Ad. 3. Set "Review content" to required.
  • 1) Ok. I got it.
    2) The question that I as an administrator can not respond to comments. I do not see the answer button.
    3) Thank you. I forgot to switch this option.
  • hi
    Ad.2 That's true, there is no option which would allow administrator or anyone else to respond to specific comments/reviews. You can edit each review though.
  • Perhaps I did not understand correctly what is "Follow-up messages". What are they needed for?
  • it lets the users to comment more than once (one rating + more comments), when disabled only one comment and one rating is available