Img upload error: "Your browser doesn't support HTML5, Flash, Silverlight and even HTML4!"

Hello,
I get the above error when trying to upload images in DJ-catalog2.
I'm on a Mac with Sierra, I have tried with Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Javascript is enabled, Flash is enabled...
I tried disabling mutliple image+file upload, but the button I get then simply reloads the page.
Surely the extension must work on a Mac?
Would be so thankful for any help, been struggling with this for hours now...

Thanks,
Per

Answers

• Hi
    Which version do you use?
    It's it the latest one?
  • Hello, thanks for your reply.
    I'm using 3.5.8
  • In this case it's probably because of scripts conflict issue. Please contact us via our help desk and provide your website credentials and we will check and fix it for your. Cheers.
  • Ok thanks, I have done so.
  • Just to explain what was the issue in this case:

The permissions of files and folders (chmod) were incorrect and some of the files (scripts, images) were not accessible. We have fixed the permissions and now everything works properly.
    You can for example use Akeeba Admin Tools to fix the permissions, or just Cpanel/FTP.
    You can learn more about proper permissions for Joomla: https://docs.joomla.org/Security_Checklist/Joomla!_Setup#Adjust_file_and_directory_permissions

Basically, we can say that the good settings are (99%):
    • 755 for folders and 644 for files
    in some cases (1%):
    • 775 for folders and 644 for files
  • Tomasz said:

Just to explain what was the issue in this case:

The permissions of files and folders (chmod) were incorrect and some of the files (scripts, images) were not accessible. We have fixed the permissions and now everything works properly.
    You can for example use Akeeba Admin Tools to fix the permissions, or just Cpanel/FTP.
    You can learn more about proper permissions for Joomla: https://docs.joomla.org/Security_Checklist/Joomla!_Setup#Adjust_file_and_directory_permissions

Basically, we can say that the good settings are (99%):

• 755 for folders and 644 for files
    in some cases (1%):
    • 775 for folders and 644 for files
  • good morning, I have the same problem
    I set permissions with aleena admin tools but I have ever the same error
    Your browser doesn't support HTML5, Flash, Silverlight and even HTML4!

my joomla version is 3.7.2

I get the above error when trying to upload images in DJ-catalog2.
    I'm on a Mac with Sierra, I have tried with Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
    Javascript is enabled, Flash is enabled...

please help me

alessia
  • ciao, I have your problem
    have you solved?

• Hello, if you are an active subscriber of DJ-Classifieds, please contact us via helpdesk so we can check it on your website.
    Cheers
  • hello. I have the same issue. and i can't make an update to my DJcatalog2 also.
  • dimitris - are you using latest DJ-Catalog2 - version 3.5.9? there was the fix introduced for the uploader
  • Hello!
    My problem: 'Your browser doesn't support HTML5, Flash, Silverlight and even HTML4! Please upgrade your browser! '
    DJ-Catalog2 ver. 3.5.6. Joomla 3.7.4
    The permissions of files and folders: 775.
    DJ-jQueryMonster don't help.
    I can't update to lastest version.
    Please tell me more possible solutions!
  • Hi, Please update to the latest version.
    There was a fix added in version 3.5.7 that fixes the file uploader, see change log: https://dj-extensions.com/changelog/dj-catalog2/ver-3-5-7
    If the issue will stay after the update, let us know via helpdesk with your website URL so we can assist you.
    Cheers
  • I can not renew the license. :(
  • Do you have any technical issues when renewing? If so - let me know and we will solve it.
    Unfortunately, there is no other way to fix it than updating the extension :/
  • It does not work for me either (version 3.5.6 and joomla 3.7).
    You should give us the opportunity to upgrade just to 3.5.7 in order to solve the issue.
    Or, give us techniocal instructions to bypass the issue that your extension caused.
    We cannot afford to buy again.

Thanks
  • Hello, this fix was performed due to the change that was made in Joomla and we cannot do anything about it :(
    The only way to get the latest version is to renew your subscription.
    The renewal is possible with 25% discount + you can use the current sale where we provide additional 20% discount so you can get the latest version for almost a half price - it is a good deal, I encourage you to take advantage of it. The Summer Sale will last til 25th August.
  • Tomasz, let's straighten some things out:

1) I bought a joomla template from themeforest that uses the DJ Catalog 2 extension, so I bought it from there (paying the template). So, how can I take advantage of the 25% discount?
    Can you give me some kind of voucher?

2) If I decide to update the extension (that I don't need, but caused problems to my website), do you guarantee that it will solve my problem (and how do you guarantee) ?

Thanks
  • Hi
    1. If you got the template at Themeforest - you can get the free one month subscription for the extensions used in the template. If you have not yet used it - here is the explanation how to find your purchase code: https://dj-extensions.com/faq/general-faq/how-to-find-purchase-code-at-themeforest in case you have not yet used it just contact us at feedback@dj-extensions.com with the purchase code and we will assign the free subscriptions for you. If you have already used the free subscriptions - you can renew the subscription as explained here (and get automatic 25% discount) -> https://dj-extensions.com/faq/general-faq/how-to-extend-your-subscription
    2. We always fix all bugs if there are any. The fixes are made directly on your website and later we include the fixes to the regular release so once you update later the extension the changes are kept. If something needs to be fixed specific to your website only we do it on your site only and provide instructions what was changed.

Cheers
  • Ok Tomasz,

I just bought the template, so I didn't use the 1 month yet.
    That seems like a good fit.

I will get bacj to you if I need something.

Thanks for your time
  • Great, cheers!