Major Problems After Joomla 3.8 Update

All of my websites that use DJ Classifieds (I have multiple sites) are all having the exact same problem today, after updating to the new Joomla 3.8. I need a fix ASAP.

When clicking any menu item link, they all show a white page with black jibberish (nonsense). A screenshot is attached.

If I go back in the browser and then click the same menu link again, the page will display properly. However, coming back to the site has the exact same problem.

Comments

• Hello

We made tests of DJ-Classifieds on Joomla 3.8 and didn't notice that kind of errors so I'm pretty sure that this is not connected strictly to DJ-Classifieds. Do you use gzip compression on your website ? When website is gzipped multiple times that kind of error may occur, for example when it's enabled on server and in Joomla.
    Please contact us on help desk, please give link to website and admin credentials we will try to help you with this.

Best Regards,
    Lukasz
  • You ROCK! This problem (on all three websites utilizing DJ Classifieds + JM Services) was resolved by disabling gzip compression on my server. I thank you very much for helping point me in the right direction.

FYI, considering this happened on all my sites running the DJ Classifieds quickstart, I assume you will have more reports of this similar problem in the coming weeks as people upgrade to Joomla 3.8. I don't know what changed in 3.8 vs 3.7.5 (it was working perfectly on 3.7.5 WITH gzip), so just be aware.
  • Hello

I'm glad that this was so simple solution, thanks for info I will notice Joomla-Monster team.

Best Regards,
    Lukasz