Search By City Not working

I have a link to list of items products table view with a category defined. Search filter is enabled however if I search by city it does not work. Same for postcode. I have tried changing settings for combine location fields but does not make any difference. How do I add fileds to search

• Hi,

There is a separate search filed that is meant for location only and it's called "Location". You can see how it works here:

In order to enable it you need to open Product List settings and turn on "Location search" parameter. Also, please note that location search uses geo location API, so only those products with coordinates (latitude, longitude) can be displayed as search results.
  • Yes I need as per demo but I do not have option in menu - product list for location search. Also component options product list cannot see location search.
    Where do I find setting ?
  • edited August 2017
    In your demo hotels page is that the search module or just menu link filter options ? I do not have options for advanced search either
  • 1. Search by location has been added in ver. 3.5.7, so maybe you are using older version:
    Anyway, here's the setting you should enable:

2. As for advanced search, it's a filters module published in specially designed module position:
  • Thanks, I have just renewed subscription and updated. How do I update the coordinates (latitude, longitude) data for products ? In tips is says "leave empty to generate" ? I have 10K products. There is geocode button but will take a long time to go throuhg 10k products
  • Well, the only option is to use geocode button, so that coordinates for every product could be generated based on item address fields (city, street, country). But before you start please generate Google Maps API key and insert it into component configuration, because with as many products you will definitely exceed Google's limits:
  • Thanks Olo all working. Is there any way to change the default 25 KM radius option to say 5km
  • For some reason my google maps have stopped working. No maps are displayed on the single product page. I have a key in the component config. Cant remember where this came from ?
  • My search by location is not working is this I have the lat and long values in the items table. Is this something to do with google maps api key ?
  • I have checked and I have correct api key. For a product I get a link "show google maps" not the map in the page.
    Location search not working
  • Default radius as well as possible radiuses (1,2,5,10,25,50,100,500,1000) cannot be changed.
    As for the problems with maps display, API key is mandatory. If you are sure that API key is correct, properly linked to your domain and the maps still don't show up then please reach us via help-desk and provide link as well as super admin credentials to your website.
  • Thanks olo,
    My major issue is the location search I always get all records for any postcode search. I load teh compone tvia a menu link with predefined category. I have location search enabled. Any search town or postcode returns all records for the category. I do have records where lat and long is zero but most records in items table have correct values. Are zero lat long included included search results?

I got the map api key I got from
    It was working see post above. I have checked and key is correct and entered in the map settings of component options. The link to google maps works but no map displayed
  • I cannot help you with this issue here. I need to inspect your website.
  • Olo please see this link
    search town = romford or postcode RM14 3QA same result or town = glasgow
  • The issue is an error wit the api see screenshot

also google console

Any idea why error ?

• Ok enabled maps javascript api seems like this is required not the geocoding and also if you set width 100% leave height blank.
    So maps ok but location search not working
  • If I use the geocode button in google backend then I get error
    Record ID 16159 - coordinates not found or Google API's limit has been exceeded
    and this is laos in the geocode api console
    The limit is ok long and lat are correct anyway as map works.
  • Olo can you clarify you are using the long and lat values for location search and that zero values for products are excluded from search ?
  • Hi,

1. If longitude or latitude is 0.0000 then a product is ignored during location search.

2. Google Maps API keys are usually the same for server-side actions (SEVER - for processing coordinates) and client side (BROWSER - for displaying maps), but they need to be assigned to "Google Maps JavaScript API" as well as "Google Maps Geocoding API". Otherwise following mechanisms might not work: geo-coding in the back-end, geo-coding in the front-end (during search) or displaying maps will not work.

3. I checked your website and I searching by location doesn't work properly, but the maps are displayed, so either API keys are not connected to Geocoding API or there is something wrong with the component that I'm not aware of. However, I have just tested version 3.5.8 which you are using and searching by location works properly as well as displaying maps.
  • Hello Olo, Thanks for checking site. The api key is connected to both geocoding and javascript see image. If I press the geocode button in backend an error is created in the google console. I have the api key in both server and browser fields. I will carry on checking see if I can get to bottom of problem and let you know.

• Thanks and good luck!