Compatibility problem between search module and region select module

If using the region tree select module once, it's impossible to get any result afterward in the search module except for the region that has been previously selected. The only way is to purge region select cache in joomla (or not use the region select module)
Also , despise having selected my main country as FRANCE, in the location search, the first result appearing are always in the US , is it normal ?
Thanks

Comments

• Hello

>>If using the region tree select module once, it's impossible to get any result afterward in the search module except for the region that has been previously selected. The only way is to purge region select cache in joomla (or not use the region select module)
    -- What kind of cache do you use ? I assume that page cache plugin, in that case page is saved to html .
    You should consider of using only for example conservative cache and disable this cache for this module , then it won't be cached. Please also enable in global DJ-Classifieds configuration "Cache in regions" parameter so then DJ-Classifieds will cache regions tree internal.

>>Also , despise having selected my main country as FRANCE, in the location search, the first result appearing are always in the US , is it normal ?
    --Do you have on mind places search in address? Please check in search module parameter "Default country for places API" and set there fr.

Best Regards,
    Lukasz
  • Thanks , search is working now, will try cache
  • Great to hear that it works fine now. Cheers!